Finally a real competitor for the iPad has arrived. Amazon’s Kindle Fire, priced as $199, set to give a tough competition for Apple’s marquee product. There was several tablets launched in the couple of years in the fiercely competitive Tablet PC market, however, none of them looked promising to give a tough competition for iPad.
With its price tag of $199, Kindle Fire though won’t make much profit for Amazon initially. However, if they are able to sell large volumes in the coming years, Kindle Fire will turn out to be a good revenue source for Amazon. Amazon will pose threat not only to Apple but also to other top tablet PC manufacturers like Samsung, Motorola and BlackBerry etc.
Apple doesn’t look formidable as it was in the past, when Steve Jobs was at the helm. It will take some time for Tim Cook to make the house in order and the lukewarm responses to the iPhone 4S shows exactly that.
- Top Internet Trends From Mary Meeker To Consider at IRCE 2016
- eBay and Amazon Compete for Mobile Shoppers
- Ecommerce made it to $1 Trillion Club; Asia-Pacific to Emerge as the Leader
- Best Buy Rebuilds its IT Capability, Starts Hiring IT People
- Ecommerce Bellwether Zoovy Integrates Kount’s Fraud Protection Solutions to Their Services
- 5 best practices to help your eCommerce site win big in 2017
- The rise of mCommerce this shopping season
- e-Commerce innovation has reduced customer’s friction. The next revolution will reduce backend friction.
- Fashion Ecommerce Growth in Turkey
- Tips, Trends and Reasons – Ecommerce is about to Boom!