Since product content is efficiently stored and managed, the distribution to the supporting manuals is critical. Retailers should ensure a management process that co-ordinates with the warehouse, logistics, and customer to provide a seamless presentation of the latest versions required.
Systems should be smart to trigger alerts that inform sales and marketers when a new product is introduced without online help or whether an existing product is discontinued. These alerts should be carried one step further to inform the customer who has already brought the product to inform that such changes have occurred. This strengthens your customer relationship and the shopper feels confident in their purchasing decisions.
The content management systems you incorporate within your site require flexibility to create manuals. This avoids unnecessary delays especially during peak seasons where your technical teams are too busy with logistics and supply management.
Based on a survey at 19 European markets, Mintel predicts that these market will grow to 188 billion euros in 2013 from 166 billion euros in 2012.
Britain, France and Germany will remain as the European ecommerce hub by 2018. Spain Poland and Netherlands will grow at faster rate and Norway and Sweden will have the highest online per-capita spend.
A per Mintel, Amazon has outpaced its European rival Otto Germany by a long way. Amazon grew from 9.2% in 2012 to 9.8 percent in 2013, however Otto’s share plunged to 3.3% in 2013 from 3.9 % in 2012.
Online manuals are critical for any ecommerce websites. They guide shoppers to successfully complete the shopping process, update their information, enter payment details etc. Following are some best practices for successfully implementing online manuals.
- Ensure online manuals are up to date with the relevant products.
- Customers and sales teams require notification whenever there is any change to existing or new product manuals.
- Email links to relevant manuals require testing before being sent to customers so that there are no disappointments and returns are guaranteed.
- Manuals are effective tools to enhance your retail brand and also cross-sell and up-sell other products relevant to the main item already sold to customers.
- Standardization is important to the type of format of the online manual. File formats which cannot be opened by potential customers effect incoming business sales.