According to the survey conducted by eBay India, Delhi emerged as the top ecommerce hub in India. The cities that follow Delhi are Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad. All these data can be found in the report published as ‘eBay India Census 2012’.
According to the report, electronics emerged as the most popular category with 48% of the total purchase. In that mobile phones were the most preferred item. With 41 % of the overall purchases, lifestyle, included items like body care and watches, was chosen as the next preferred category.
Consumer electronics giant Samsung came up as the most purchased brand, followed by Apple, Sony, Nokia, Scandisk and Blackberry.
eBay sellers have increased from 23,000 in 2011 to 30,000 in 2012.
- The Ultimate Guide to Ecommerce Infographic
- 4 Tips to Prepare for What’s next in Tech
- Will M-commerce Overtake E-Commerce?
- The Payment Trends of 2014
- 2014 Digital Stats
- Digital Velocity 2014
- Email and Mobile Top Small Businesses’ 2014 Wishlists
- The Ecommerce Revolution in the Middle-East
- The Hottest Ecommerce Businesses to Start in 2014
- Holiday Survival Guide For Ecommerce