According to the survey conducted by eBay India, Delhi emerged as the top ecommerce hub in India. The cities that follow Delhi are Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad. All these data can be found in the report published as ‘eBay India Census 2012’.
According to the report, electronics emerged as the most popular category with 48% of the total purchase. In that mobile phones were the most preferred item. With 41 % of the overall purchases, lifestyle, included items like body care and watches, was chosen as the next preferred category.
Consumer electronics giant Samsung came up as the most purchased brand, followed by Apple, Sony, Nokia, Scandisk and Blackberry.
eBay sellers have increased from 23,000 in 2011 to 30,000 in 2012.
- Retailer Spending Infographic
- Boost Cart by Adding Smart Add-to-Cart Button in 2014
- The Rise of BitPay
- The Face of Mobile Web in 2014
- How Fans Watch SuperBowl (Infographic)
- Holiday Ecommerce Trends
- 11 Most Successful E-Commerce Sectors for SMB’s
- Color Predictions of 2014
- The Ultimate Guide to Ecommerce Infographic
- 4 Tips to Prepare for What’s next in Tech