According to the report, the website has witnessed 30 per cent growth in the eCommerce hubs that went up to 4,306 cities and towns spanning across 28 states and 7 union territories from 3,300 last year.
The company also stated that this year’s growth is over 70 per cent of what was in 2008. Of this figure, over 3,281 towns belong to tier II, III and IV cities.
The Census 2012 also stated that the 5 states with the most transactions were Maharashtra, Delhi, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. However, the city on the top was Delhi followed by Mumbai, Jaipur, Bengaluru and Chennai.
Surprisingly, the top rural hubs were Guntur (AP), Choryasi (GJ), Kartikapali (KL), Villupuram (TN) and Dindori (MH).
According to the report, 48 per cent of the total transactions belonged to electronics while 41 per cent was from lifestyle that consisted apparel, shoes, handbag, sports equipments, kitchen, etc.
The maximum numbers of shoppers in the lifestyle domain were women.
The top brands listed in this report are Samsung, Apple, Sony, Nokia and Sandisk. In order of popularity, laptop accessories, men’s wallet, tablets, men’s watches and modems were the most purchased items on the portal.
The report says Indian shoppers from 2,638 cities from 141 countries are shopping from eBay.com.
- Fashion Ecommerce Growth in Turkey
- Tips, Trends and Reasons – Ecommerce is about to Boom!
- The beginner guide to AdWord Re-marketing Fundamentals
- Ecommerce Efficiency Cycle
- What Can Retail-integrated Ecommerce do to Your Brand
- Mobile Ecommerce – Shopping at Your Fingertips
- The Marketplace in your Hand
- The Supermarket is King
- Mobile and Responsive Design
- How mobile Devices Are Playing A Huge Role In Our Society Today