Based on a survey at 19 European markets, Mintel predicts that these market will grow to 188 billion euros in 2013 from 166 billion euros in 2012.
Britain, France and Germany will remain as the European ecommerce hub by 2018. Spain Poland and Netherlands will grow at faster rate and Norway and Sweden will have the highest online per-capita spend.
A per Mintel, Amazon has outpaced its European rival Otto Germany by a long way. Amazon grew from 9.2% in 2012 to 9.8 percent in 2013, however Otto’s share plunged to 3.3% in 2013 from 3.9 % in 2012.
- Digital Transformation: Creation of a New World Order
- Cyber Security and eCommerce in 2017: 4 areas you should invest to strengthen your defence
- 5 best practices to help your eCommerce site win big in 2017
- The rise of mCommerce this shopping season
- Key Challenges Ahead for E-Commerce
- 7 Ways to Provide Exceptional Customer Service for Ecommerce
- 25 Skills for Excellent Customer Service
- Epic Shipping Battles of 2014
- 2013 Holiday Shopping Season in Numbers
- What are People Buying Online?