November 6, 2013
- Validation: This stage includes validation techniques used before the order is placed. At this point, we validate the consumer has entered a valid credit card, valid expiration date, valid zip code and email address. The technique used to validate a credit card number is called mod 10 (for modulus 10). Mod 10 is a simple algorithm available as an out-of-the-box feature in most e-commerce applications.
- Fraud subsystem: This is where all the techniques mentioned in the previous section are used. The outcome of this stage is either a valid order which is sent to the Order Management system or a potential fraudulent order (suspected fraud order) that is sent for manual review
- Manual Review: In this stage, suspected fraudulent orders are routed to staff members specially trained to deal with fraud. The fraud specialist will determine whether the order is in fact fraudulent or it is a good order that needs to be processed. This is obviously an expensive task and as we optimize the fraud subsystem stage, we can minimize the number of orders for manual review.
- The Buying Power of Millenials
- 2014 Small Business Survey
- The $3 trillion Challenge
- The Importance of Going Mobile for Local Businesses in 2014
- Online Customer Spend Stats
- Online Sales on the Surge – 10.3% up in Q4
- How Pinterest Drives Ecommerce Sales
- Growth of Affiliate Marketing in E-Commerce
- How to Implement a Successful Order Management System
- Difference Between Gift Card and Gift Certificate