Fancy’s users will now be able to buy and share items in Google plus when they login with Google Plus account. Other Google Plus users can either contribute to gifts featured on The Fancy or buy an item outright from Google’s site.
The Google Plus integration also allows users to automatically download The Fancy’s app to Android devices. The app is currently available on iPhones, iPads, Androids, Android tablets, Windows mobile, and the web.
The Fancy is one of the first sites to use Google’s new “Sign in with Google+” button. Users can also sign in with Facebook and Twitter.
This is Google Plus’ first dive into e-commerce. Facebook recently went head first into e-commerce with ”Gifts,” allowing users to buy items directly from their feeds.
- US Retail Ecommerce Exceeds $50 Billion in Q1, 2013
- Mobile Apps’ Contribution to Ecommerce Revenue is Under 4%
- Bounce Rate Demystified (Infographic)
- Tips to Avoid Shopping Cart Abandonment(Infographic)
- How Loading Time Affects Your Bottom Line(infographic)
- Tablet Ecommerce – Portrait of a Tablet Shopper (Infographic)
- Mobile Commerce Grows 31 Percent in Q1
- How Mobile is Transforming Ecommerce(infographic)
- Wal-Mart Transitioning into in-house Ecommerce Technology
- Ecommerce from 2003 to 2013 (Infographic)