“Target will open its doors at 6 PM on Thanksgiving Day. Best Buy stores will open an hour earlier at 5 PM and Walmart will start a Black Friday event at 6 PM on Thanksgiving and most stores are open 24 hours.” This was a CNN News feed in Facebook on the eve of Thanksgiving. It indicates only one thing – Welcome to the holiday season folks. 2016 is coming to an end but the grand shopping season is just beginning.
It’s that time of the year when people head out to their old folks, meet up with their buddies, watch their favorite movies, travel like never before and most importantly spend on shopping like crazy. The National Retail Federation expects American consumers to spend an average of $935.58 during the holiday season. That’s like $650 Billion worth of sales opportunity for retailers in just a time span of 50 days or so.
Now comes the big question to retailers! How do you capture the most of this opportunity?
A single marketing or promo video embedded in your email campaign for the holidays holds the key to winning consumer hearts this holiday season. Video is the best way to bring out your marketing messages to consumers in all forms of digital media be it mobile phones, computers, television screens or even on city billboards and movie screens. Need some confidence boosters? Check out some interesting statistics about video marketing below
- And Adobe study pointed out in 2015 that 51.9 % of marketing professionals worldwide selected Video as the form of content that had the best ROI.
- Revenue growth rate of video equipped marketing strategies outran non-video strategies by nearly 50%
- Nearly half of internet users search for videos about a product or service before making a buying decision
- Consumers who view videos are 1.81 times more inclined to spend on a purchase when compared to non-viewers
Using these stats as a base, we clearly believe that email campaigns for the holiday season from retailers should definitely carry a video message embedded in it. Today there is enough tech available in the market that offers the best video experience in each medium after identifying the email client you consumer is using. Sometimes all you need to do is include a static image in your email with a play button on top of it which directs the user to a YouTube or Vimeo channel where the video is uploaded.
And you don’t have to shoot a professional ad of your offering to embed in a promo email. Even a smartphone with a pretty good camera would do the job for you. The video may be a tip on how to use your offering in a better way or hidden benefits or comparisons or anything that users are required to know about your product or service.
Videos in emails have created some fantastic results for marketers globally. Some have reported as high as 65 percent increase in click-through rates and lowered unsubscribes by as much as 26 percent. Your Thanksgiving emails may be already out but the holiday shopping season has just begun. So there is enough time to shoot some fabulous videos and use them in your email campaigns. Do share your success stories as well to inspire more marketers to follow this trend.
- How to convert first time buyers into long term buyers this holiday season
- 5 tips to drive more sales on mobile screens this holiday season
- Try A/B testing to build the best buyer persona for your business
- 6 Essential elements of a Brilliant eCommerce Checkout process
- Cyber Security and eCommerce in 2017: 4 areas you should invest to strengthen your defence
- The rise of mCommerce this shopping season
- How small websites can compete with established biggies in search engine rankings?
- 5 SEO trends for eCommerce websites
- e-Commerce innovation has reduced customer’s friction. The next revolution will reduce backend friction.
- Who Look at Banner Ads?