Usability is a critical for an ecommerce website, especially when a usability issue can make or break a sale. Analyzing the website from a customer point of view would be better than hiring an external consultant as the customer is an important stakeholder and they can be detrimental to your business.
In this post we will see some ways to improve the usability of your commerce website:
- Load time – An increased load time can make your customer abandon your website and go to a competitor for making a purchase. So optimize your code, images and remove unnecessary animation to reduce the load time.
- Use fonts that are easy to read
- Be conservative in the website layout – Logo on the left; contact us details having email and phone number etc.
- Post professionally designed product images and optimize it. People stay away from lousy looking images.
- Make your navigation super easy and the checkout button should be prominent and easy to find.
- Have a basic menu bar in all the pages, in case the customer wants to access the home page or shopping cart or contact page.
- Make your shopping cart clear enough and include all the charges the customer will incur. Never give them surprises during checkout.
- e-Commerce innovation has reduced customer’s friction. The next revolution will reduce backend friction.
- Top Internet Trends From Mary Meeker To Consider at IRCE 2016
- Fashion Ecommerce Growth in Turkey
- Tips, Trends and Reasons – Ecommerce is about to Boom!
- The beginner guide to AdWord Re-marketing Fundamentals
- Ecommerce Efficiency Cycle
- What Can Retail-integrated Ecommerce do to Your Brand
- Mobile Ecommerce – Shopping at Your Fingertips
- The Marketplace in your Hand
- The Supermarket is King