In an ecommerce site, there are usually two pieces that need to work in tandem in order to have a successful ecommerce site. One part of the site is customer facing and is responsible for collecting the order. The second part of the site processes this order and forwards the order to a warehouse. The latter part is sometimes called order management system. In the realm of an ecommerce site, the OMS (order management system) is sometimes referred to as the fulfillment system. Here are some tips to overcome the challenges in the fulfillment system:
- Better communication with all the partners
- Improve accuracy of demand forecasting,
- Improve Payment Processes.
- Effective Loss Prevention
- Manage Carrier costs.
- Maybe outsource fulfillment and learn the processes.
- US Retail Ecommerce Exceeds $50 Billion in Q1, 2013
- ‘Same Day Delivery’ not a major Factor for Ecommerce Customers – Boston Consulting Group Study
- South Korea Ecommerce Sales Reaches All-time High
- Google Plus forges Partnership With Fancy to Implement Ecommerce Features
- Twitter team up with Amex for ‘Pay by Tweet’
- US Ecommerce Sales reaches $50 billion in Q4
- Mobile Apps’ Contribution to Ecommerce Revenue is Under 4%
- Smartphone Usage Trends in Holiday Shopping(Infographic)
- Alibaba reaches 1 trillion RMB ($157B) in sales to become biggest e-commerce company in the world
- Holiday E-Commerce To Rise 17%