In an ecommerce site, there are usually two pieces that need to work in tandem in order to have a successful ecommerce site. One part of the site is customer facing and is responsible for collecting the order. The second part of the site processes this order and forwards the order to a warehouse. The latter part is sometimes called order management system. In the realm of an ecommerce site, the OMS (order management system) is sometimes referred to as the fulfillment system. Here are some tips to overcome the challenges in the fulfillment system:
- Better communication with all the partners
- Improve accuracy of demand forecasting,
- Improve Payment Processes.
- Effective Loss Prevention
- Manage Carrier costs.
- Maybe outsource fulfillment and learn the processes.
- 5 tips to drive more sales on mobile screens this holiday season
- How to convert first time buyers into long term buyers this holiday season
- This holiday season make your email campaigns livelier with videos
- The rise of mCommerce this shopping season
- The Buying Power of Millenials
- 2014 Small Business Survey
- The $3 trillion Challenge
- The Importance of Going Mobile for Local Businesses in 2014
- Online Customer Spend Stats
- Online Sales on the Surge – 10.3% up in Q4