In that recession, ecommerce sales plummeted for the first time but compared to store sales, the rate was slower and recovered faster. Experts are expecting similar action in the second recession also, since it would help customers to get better values online.
There has been a softening of sales in the last couple of months; however the figures of September sales are important to understand holiday sales.
A sales slowdown could even expand profit margins for e-commerce companies, as the companies might slow their capacity expansions.
- Digital Transformation: Creation of a New World Order
- e-Commerce innovation has reduced customer’s friction. The next revolution will reduce backend friction.
- Top Internet Trends From Mary Meeker To Consider at IRCE 2016
- Fashion Ecommerce Growth in Turkey
- Tips, Trends and Reasons – Ecommerce is about to Boom!
- The beginner guide to AdWord Re-marketing Fundamentals
- Ecommerce Efficiency Cycle
- What Can Retail-integrated Ecommerce do to Your Brand
- Mobile Ecommerce – Shopping at Your Fingertips
- The Marketplace in your Hand