In that recession, ecommerce sales plummeted for the first time but compared to store sales, the rate was slower and recovered faster. Experts are expecting similar action in the second recession also, since it would help customers to get better values online.
There has been a softening of sales in the last couple of months; however the figures of September sales are important to understand holiday sales.
A sales slowdown could even expand profit margins for e-commerce companies, as the companies might slow their capacity expansions.
- How Mobile is Changing Business
- Mobile Commerce Trends
- How Fast Are Top Ecommerce Sites
- Will Shopper Share More Information?
- Google Analytics E-commerce Infographic
- How the Mobile Revolution is Changing Retail
- The Anatomy of Saving and Spending(Infographic)
- What Ecommerce Customers Really Want?
- Present and Future of Ecommerce (Infographic)
- Screen Resolution and Internet Browser Trends