In that recession, ecommerce sales plummeted for the first time but compared to store sales, the rate was slower and recovered faster. Experts are expecting similar action in the second recession also, since it would help customers to get better values online.
There has been a softening of sales in the last couple of months; however the figures of September sales are important to understand holiday sales.
A sales slowdown could even expand profit margins for e-commerce companies, as the companies might slow their capacity expansions.
- The Ultimate Guide to Ecommerce Infographic
- 4 Tips to Prepare for What’s next in Tech
- Will M-commerce Overtake E-Commerce?
- The Payment Trends of 2014
- 2014 Digital Stats
- Digital Velocity 2014
- Email and Mobile Top Small Businesses’ 2014 Wishlists
- The Ecommerce Revolution in the Middle-East
- The Hottest Ecommerce Businesses to Start in 2014
- Holiday Survival Guide For Ecommerce