In that recession, ecommerce sales plummeted for the first time but compared to store sales, the rate was slower and recovered faster. Experts are expecting similar action in the second recession also, since it would help customers to get better values online.
There has been a softening of sales in the last couple of months; however the figures of September sales are important to understand holiday sales.
A sales slowdown could even expand profit margins for e-commerce companies, as the companies might slow their capacity expansions.
- Retailer Spending Infographic
- Boost Cart by Adding Smart Add-to-Cart Button in 2014
- The Rise of BitPay
- The Face of Mobile Web in 2014
- How Fans Watch SuperBowl (Infographic)
- Holiday Ecommerce Trends
- 11 Most Successful E-Commerce Sectors for SMB’s
- Color Predictions of 2014
- The Ultimate Guide to Ecommerce Infographic
- 4 Tips to Prepare for What’s next in Tech