In that recession, ecommerce sales plummeted for the first time but compared to store sales, the rate was slower and recovered faster. Experts are expecting similar action in the second recession also, since it would help customers to get better values online.
There has been a softening of sales in the last couple of months; however the figures of September sales are important to understand holiday sales.
A sales slowdown could even expand profit margins for e-commerce companies, as the companies might slow their capacity expansions.
- Bounce Rate Demystified (Infographic)
- Tips to Avoid Shopping Cart Abandonment(Infographic)
- How Loading Time Affects Your Bottom Line(infographic)
- US Retail Ecommerce Exceeds $50 Billion in Q1, 2013
- Tablet Ecommerce – Portrait of a Tablet Shopper (Infographic)
- Mobile Commerce Grows 31 Percent in Q1
- How Mobile is Transforming Ecommerce(infographic)
- Wal-Mart Transitioning into in-house Ecommerce Technology
- Ecommerce from 2003 to 2013 (Infographic)
- Blog Helps to Build Relationships