Retail-integrated eCommerce help brands to use online sales and grow in-store sales as well. This is a great benefit for branded manufacturers that are already selling on-line.
This annual survey of retailers conducted by Shopatron measures the effectiveness of retail-integrated eCommerce in helping both brands and their retail partners.
In March 2012, Shopatron again queried over 6,500 active retail partners and asked them to share their thoughts and findings for this retailer study. Over 1,300 retailers responded, offering their opinions and information on topics.
The most important findings of the survey:
- Retail-integrated eCommerce increases store profits and improves customer acquisition.
- Retail-integrated eCommerce helps expand retail distribution.
- Retailers are spending more with brands that send them orders.
- Retailers don’t want to work with branded manufacturers that compete with them. 70% of retailers said they would reduce or cease buying from brands that sell directly to the end-consumer. This number continues to rise, up 43% since the 2009 retailer survey.
- In-store sales increase for brands that send online orders to retailers.
- Retailers are experiencing the “mobile” movement. 84% of survey respondents note the use of smartphones in their stores as research and shopping tools.
This post was originally appeared in ‘Viral Blog’
- Who Look at Banner Ads?
- Email and Mobile Wishlist – 2014
- 5 Simple Conversion Optimization Tactics to Take your Ecommerce Sales to the Next Level
- Product Page Optimization – Best Practices to Maximize Conversions
- Life of an SEO
- Social Networking is All About Mobile
- SMS Marketing Stats
- Which Social Media Platforms Drive the Most Sales
- Facebook Facts You Need to Know in 2014
- In the Social Stream