Pin2Sell.com, a new site that allows anyone with a PayPal account to create purchasable products and post them directly on Pinterest, launched on April 20. Created by Clique Studios, an interactive and eCommerce agency based in Chicago, the service is completely free and enables users to sell items without signing up for any additional services.
With over 10 million users, Pinterest’s base is intensely loyal, spending 88 minutes bookmarking every day. They are also social, driving more third-party traffic than Google, LinkedIn and YouTube combined.
“It just seems like the perfect place for social commerce,” said Ted Novak. “Pin2Sell makes it incredibly easy and integrated. Just take a picture, enter the price and your PayPal account, and your Pin can be purchased by anybody who is interested in it.”
A growing market, social commerce is expected to reach $30 billion in annual sales by 2015. Etsy, a peer-to-peer site for vintage and handmade products, reported $62.8 million in goods sold and 1.35 billion pageviews in March 2012 alone.
“As an eCommerce agency, we see the trends on social commerce and the loyalty that exists on Pinterest. It just seemed like there needed to be a solution, so we came up with Pin2Sell,” says Derek Nelson, Clique’s Creative Director. “When testing, our test pins would be up for less than a minute, and almost each one was re-pinned by a complete stranger by the time we deleted them.”
Pin2Sell is available now for free at Pin2Sell.com.
This post was originally appeared in Market Watch
- Fashion Ecommerce Growth in Turkey
- Tips, Trends and Reasons – Ecommerce is about to Boom!
- The beginner guide to AdWord Re-marketing Fundamentals
- Ecommerce Efficiency Cycle
- What Can Retail-integrated Ecommerce do to Your Brand
- Mobile Ecommerce – Shopping at Your Fingertips
- The Marketplace in your Hand
- The Supermarket is King
- Mobile and Responsive Design
- How mobile Devices Are Playing A Huge Role In Our Society Today